EXCITING NEWS & my 5 easy tips for saving your skin before Winter
I hope this finds you well and looking forward to a relaxing Easter weekend. For me Good Friday at the Beaches Market and Easter Saturday in Burrawang are two of my favorite market days of the year. I do just love the family togetherness, Autumn sunshine and relaxed atmosphere of Easter. Like, Christmas but much less stressful! However, ensuring there are enough of your hand made essential oil faves for the Easter markets has sent Sattwa HQ into a blending frenzy this week. Love it!
In addition to Easter market readiness I am incredibly excited to let you know Sattwa Skincare is now CHOOSE CRUELTY FREE CERTIFIED. More than a decade ago, when I began formulating Sattwa products, there wasn't the level of consumer passion and awareness for cruelty free, organics, vegan, natural products that we demand today; but a fair Libran I have always applied an ethical and eco conscious philosophy to every aspect of the Sattwa business. The thought that this hand made range (of 46 products) is produced with an eco awareness and no harm to animals is something I cherish. It has taken some time to complete the certification process and makes me feel proud beyond words. So keep an eye out for the CCF rabbit logo and a fresh new look. I do hope you love your Sattwa products even more now - clean skin and a clean conscience!
Speaking of clean skin..here are my 5 easy tips to keep your skin clean, nourished (and scale free) this Winter;
1. HYDRATE - Spending more time during the colder months in heating/air conditioning/hot showers draws moisture away from your skin. Drink up! Filtered H20, Coconut water, green tea, soup or miso. Get cosy and enjoy sipping these beverages with a high water content to keep your body and skin hydrated. They are great for gut health too!
2. BODY BRUSHING - since ancient times body brushing has been practiced by many civilizations. In addition to giving ahhhmazing silky smooth skin it is also known to be beneficial for; aiding poor circulation (hello there cold hands & feet!), lymphatic drainage, reducing cellulite, reducing stress, elimination of toxins/waste, increasing energy levels and more. **remember to choose a brush made with natural bristles, not plastic For more tips on how to body brush or care for your body brush pop over to here>>> http://sattwa.us8.list-manage.com/track/click?u=4...
3. MOISTURISE - Nourish and protect your body, hands and lips with premium unrefined cold pressed plant oils. I love rose hip, coconut or jojoba. These oils are wonderful and highly compatible with the body due to their high in essential fatty acid content. (eg linolic acid (omega-6) and linolenic acid (omega-3)). EFA's are important as they closely resemble the body's sebum (oil) so when we use these rich plant oils on our skin, like attracts like. They are instantly absorbed in the deep layers of the skin to feed, protect and nourish without leaving a greasy feel. Body oils are best applied after showering while skin is supple.
4. SOAK IT UP - book some "me time" this Easter and take a relaxing bath. Super charge your me time with by adding 3-5 drops of your favorite essential oil (eg lavender, rosemary, bergamot, eucalyptus) and a table spoon of carrier oil (eg jojoba, macadamia, sweet almond, coconut or sesame) of your favorite essential oil. Surrender to the bliss. (chocolate optional)
5. EXFOLIATE - while you are in the tub scrub away the dull scaly cells concentrating on elbows, knees and heels. Using an oil based exfoliant will do the multitasking for you and give back moisturising nourishment. For a fun school holiday activity with the kids you can make your own body scrub with panty ingredients! Simply combine 1/2 cup salt or raw sugar, 1/4 cup your choice of vegetable carrier oil (eg same as those listed above) to form a paste. Optional add 3 drops of your favorite essential oil (lavender, tea tree or mandarin are great) Alternatively you might just prefer to buy one without the mess http://sattwa.us8.list-manage.com/track/click?u=4... ...and use the time to for some delicious Easter baking.
So there you have my exciting news and 5 easy tips for saving your skin this Winter. Looking forward to a great weekend, if you are at the Easter markets be sure to pop in and enjoy a free hand treatment or until next time, wishing you all a very happy and safe Easter and of course gorgeous glowing skin.
PS Sattwa Skincare now has an Affiliate program. If you know any wellness service provider friends eg personal trainers, life coaches or make up artists who would love to offer luxurious cruelty free essential oil skincare to their clients/community, please feel free to get in touch or simply hit reply.